After a long shopping day, we came home exhausted. The last thing we want to do was cooking and waiting for dinner, I weighed our options and decided that instead of waiting for at least 45 min. delivery time. I can prep a quick Turkey chili and have a hearty and nutritious meal while saving my family from all the added salt and fat of take out foods. Thanks to frozen peppers and onion mix I had in the freezer. By having frozen veggies and canned beans at hand you can prep a hearty dinner in no time. You can also brown your meat and onions and add them to the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker, your dinner will be ready the next day!
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
1 green red pepper
1 (15.5) can red kidney beans
8 oz or half cup whole kernel corn
2 (14.5 oz) cans organic diced tomato
4-5 dried chili pepper
4 table spoons chili seasoning
shredded cheddar for garnish
1. Heat the pot and brown the ground turkey
2. Add onions and peppers (you can save time by using frozen mix) and saute for 3 mins. or until the onions change color.
3. Drained and rinse kidney beans to reduce the sodium content,
4. Add the beans, corn and diced tomato
5. Add the chili seasoning you can add or reduce the amount of seasoning to your liking, also add the dried chili peppers at this time if you like your chili hot.
6. You can serve your chili with warm multigrain tortilla and light sour cream
7. Bon appetit!