I believe a good chef is a person who does not use a lot of butter, corn syrup, or ton of salt to enhance the flavor of a dish. To me the real deal is when you use all natural unprocessed ingredients and cook the nature intended way. That is why I love Nava Atlas, not only her recipes taste great but they are also healthy. This terrific chocolate pudding is an example of her nourishing recipes . It does not taste low fat or low cal at all. We all enjoyed so much.
16-ounce tub silken tofu
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I shaved %85 Dark Chocolate into small pieces)
3 to 4tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
1. Puree the tofu in a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
2. Transfer to a small saucepan and add the chocolate chips.
3. Cook over medium low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate chips have melted.
4. Stir in the maple syrup and optional vanilla.
5. Allow to cool completely, then serve at room temperature and feel good!
Recipe is adapted from In a Vegetarian Kitchen by Nava Atlas for the original recipe go to http://vegkitchen.com/kid-friendly-recipes/tofu-101.htm