Monday, May 17, 2010

Sheraton Maui Macadamia Nut Pineapple Banana Bread

This tantalizing bread was so delicious it was all gone before I could take a picture of it. I will post the picture as soon as I make another one. But you don't have to wait for the picture to believe how delicious it was, just try it, I promise you won't regret!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water (I used 1/3)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar ( I used only 1 cup)
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups oil ( I used only 1/2 cup canola)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used white whole wheat)
1 1/4 cups over-ripe banana, mashed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (or hazelnuts but not walnuts)
1 1/4 cups crushed fresh pineapple, drained

Directions:
1. Mix oil and sugar together thoroughly. Add bananas, eggs and water.
2. Sift dry ingredients and blend into mixture; DO NOT over-mix.
3. Dust macadamia nuts with flour.
4. Fold dusted macadamia nut and pineapples into mixture.
5. Lightly grease and paper line three mini loaf pans.
6. Pour batter into loaf pans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment