Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Coconut-Almond Crusted Mahi Mahi


My initial intention was to prepare a macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi but my husband and macadamia nuts cannot co-exist in the same environment! Therefore, I had to find another way so I decided on almonds. Then I searched for the right recipe, and none of the recipes did sound appealing to me. So I came up with my own recipe and to my surprise the pickiest member of our family, my five year old daugher asked for more!

Ingredients:
4 mahi mahi fillets
1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 tbs fresh ginger
4 lemon wedges for serving
salt, pepper

Directions:

1. Place mahi mahi fillets in a large container and cover with coconut milk, marinate for 30 min to 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 425F.
3. In a food processor combine almonds, cornmeal, fresh ginger and salt and peppermix until combined
4. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Place the rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
5. Divide the nut mixture among the tops of the fillets, patting the mixture to spread and adhere to the fillets.spray tops with olive oil
6. Set on the prepared rack; they should not touch. Bake until lightly browned on the outside and opaque in the center, about 15 min. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment