1 1/4 cup White whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 cup turbinado sugar + 2 tbs agave nectar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup 1 % milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease 12 cup muffin pan
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk sugar, agave nectar and eggs together until thick and homogeneous, about 45 seconds. Slowly whisk in oil and milk until combined. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Using rubber spatula, fold egg mixture and flour mixture until just moistened, do not overmix.Fold in sliced strawberries.
6. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin pan and sprinkle almonds on top of muffins
8. Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, 15-20 minutes, rotating muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.