Saturday, June 19, 2010

Soup for the Soul - Paula's Chicken Noodle Soup


There are people who come into our lives, and you just can't help but wonder, are they real or did God send one of His angels down to earth just to help me?  Paula is one these people, she is just naturally selfless. On May 18th, I had a knee surgery and was feeling very grumpy afterwards, I guess it was more because of not being able to move as much. My poor husband should be a saint for putting up with me. During that time what really lifted up my spirits most was Paula's soothing Chicken Noodle Soup! it had a more calming effect on me than all the strong pain killers I was on. Not just her delicious soup but she also send me her decadent mint frosted brownies and famous zucchini bread that my daughter loves so much. I really tried so hard no to finish all of the brownies before our little one comes from school!  

Did I tell you she was my daughter's preschool teacher? and she bakes for her students snack time, she acts like she is doing nothing extraordinary but others around her know what special person she is. We need teachers like Paula for our children, we need people who are there when you needed it most, we need to be more like Paula.


I will post the recipe as soon as I get my hands on it!

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! The soup, the bread and especially the brownies look so delicious! If I had a kid, I would like him/her to have a teacher like Ms. Paula. That is very nice of her! And I hope you recover from your surgery soon!

    My best,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your good wishes Maria, I am already feeling great! Thanks to my good friends and their great support recovery time was less daunting. I have so many recipes that piled up during that time, but I am back and almost fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete